by Francesco Azzola
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787289249 | 225 Pages | True PDF | 13 MB
Android Things makes developing connected embedded devices easy by providing the same Android development tools, best-in-class Android framework, and Google APIs that make developers successful on mobile.
With this book, you will be able to take advantage of the new Android framework APIs to securely build projects using low-level components such as sensors, resistors, capacitors, and display controllers. This book will teach you all you need to know about working with Android Things through practical projects based on home automation, robotics, IoT, and so on. We'll teach you to make the most of the Android Things and build enticing projects such as a smart greenhouse that controls the climate and environment automatically. You'll also create an alarm system, integrate Android Things with IoT cloud platforms, and more.
By the end of this book, you will know everything about Android Things, and you'll have built some very cool projects using the latest technology that is driving the adoption of IoT. You will also have primed your mindset so that you can use your knowledge for profitable, practical projects.
What you will learn:
- Understand IoT ecosystem and the Android Things role
- See the Android Things framework: installation, environment, SDK, and APIs
- See how to effectively use sensors (GPIO and I2C Bus)
- Integrate Android Things with IoT cloud platforms
- Create practical IoT projects using Android Things
- Integrate Android Things with other systems using standard IoT protocols
- Use Android Things in IoT projects