2009 | 99 Pages | ISBN: 0470386886 | PDF | 1.5 MB
Green technology is not only good for the environment; it's also good for your bottom line. If your organization is exploring ways to save energy and reduce environmental waste, Green IT For Dummies can help you get there.
This guide is packed with cost-saving ways to make your company a leader in green technology. The book is also packed with case studies from organizations that have gone green, so you can benefit from their experience. You'll discover how to:
- Perform an energy audit to determine your present consumption and identify where to start greening
- Develop and roll out a green technology project
- Build support from management and employees
- Use collaboration tools to limit the need for corporate travel
- Improve electronic document management
- Extend hardware life, reduce data center floor space, and improve efficiency
- Formalize best practices for green IT, understand your company's requirements, and design an infrastructure to meet them
- Make older desktops and lighting fixtures more efficient with a few small upgrades
- Lower costs with virtual meetings, teleconferences, and telecommuting options
- Reduce your organization's energy consumption
You'll also learn what to beware of when developing your green plan, and get familiar with all the terms relating to green IT. Green IT For Dummies starts you on the road to saving money while you help save the planet.