by Betsy Page Sigman and Erickson Delgado
English | 2016 | ISBN: 178588946X | 227 Pages | True PDF | 12 MB
This book will be perfect for you if you are a Software engineer or developer or System administrators or Business analyst who seek to correlate machine data with business metrics and provide intuitive real-time and statistical visualizations. Some knowledge or experience of previous versions of Splunk will be helpful but not essential.
What You Will Learn:
- Install and configure Splunk
- Gather data from different sources, isolate them by indexes, classify them into source types, and tag them with the essential fields
- Be comfortable with the Search Processing Language and get to know the best practices in writing search queries
- Create stunning and powerful dashboards
- Be proactive by implementing alerts and scheduled reports
- Use the Splunk SDK and integrate Splunk data into other applications
- Implement the best practices in using Splunk.
Splunk is a search, analysis, and reporting platform for machine data, which has a high adoption on the market. More and more organizations want to adopt Splunk to use their data to make informed decisions.
This book is for anyone who wants to manage data with Splunk. You ll start with very basics of Splunk installing Splunk and then move on to searching machine data with Splunk. You will gather data from different sources, isolate them by indexes, classify them into source types, and tag them with the essential fields. After this, you will learn to create various reports, XML forms, and alerts. You will then continue using the Pivot Model to transform the data models into visualization. You will also explore visualization with D3 in Splunk. Finally you ll be provided with some real-world best practices in using Splunk.