English | June 9, 2013 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B00DDALK0S | 342 Pages | AZW3 | 15 MB
Updated 4th edition for 2017!
Pilots have adopted the iPad faster than any other consumer technology in recent memory. From student pilots in Cessna 172s to airline pilots in Boeings, the iPad is changing the way aviation works. Now there's a book to help you navigate this changing world.
Flying with the iPad, from the publishers of iPad Pilot News, helps you choose the right iPad, find the best aviation apps, choose accessories and get flying. Then you'll go in depth with popular apps like ForeFlight, so you can become a power user.
* Which iPad to buy
* Pre-flight checklist for your iPad
* Getting started with ForeFlight
* Advanced IFR routing with ForeFlight
* Synthetic vision tips
* How to use a portable ADS-B receiver
* Do I really need an external GPS?
* Top 10 free aviation apps
* Frequently asked questions
Whether you're a complete novice or a seasoned pro, you're sure to learn something in this fast-paced book. Includes over 75 color pictures and screenshots. Updated in 2017 with the latest tips about the iPad Pro and the newest features in aviation apps.