Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional | ISBN: 0071410732 | 2003 | File type: PDF | 337 pages | 5.0 mb
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF THE TECHNOLOGY THAT'S MAKING WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS VIRTUALLY IMMUNE TO HACKERS!
Wireless technology offers businesses a world of strategic advantages and a host of security problems. But thanks to McGraw-Hill's WiFi Security, your company's mission-critical data can be safeguarded, even against hackers intent on exploiting vulnerabilities in your business's network brought on by wireless communications. Written with insight by a leading wireless security expert, WiFi Security:
* Deals explicitly with wireless security for Windows 2000/XP, MAC OS X, Linux, Lindows OS, Palm OS, and PocketPC platforms
* Reviews security approaches for the different standards currently competing for the U. S. market
* Addresses data compromise, unauthorized access, and denial of service all critical to WLAN users
* Covers the 802.11 IEEE standard with regard to security, performance, and throughput
* Discusses encryption and privacy through the Wireless Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol